Swen Prior focuses his practice on defending employers (including Fortune 500 companies) in a wide variety of litigation arising under common law and numerous employment-related statutes. He represents and counsels clients in many industries, including hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, higher education, telecommunications, waste management, transportation, warehousing and distribution, financial services, and retail.
As a labor and employment partner, Swen has been involved in individual and class/collective actions involving:
- Race, national origin, religion and gender discrimination (including sexual harassment) and retaliation under Title VII and state statutes
- Age discrimination and retaliation cases under Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and state statutes
- Misclassification and overtime claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state statutes
- Discrimination and retaliation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state statutes
- Discrimination claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Restrictive Covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation)
- Retaliation claims under both federal and state statutes (including whistleblower actions under the Surface Transportation Assistance Act)
- Claims arising under the National Labor Relations Act, and a variety of other federal and state employment related laws
- Employment torts, contractual claims, employment agreements, separations, and collective bargaining issues
Swen assists clients with revisions to employee handbooks, employee-related policies, non-competition and intellectual property ownership agreements, and other employment-related documents. He also conducts both employment investigations and training seminars for a variety of clients.