Margo Chernysheva is the chair of immigration law practice group at Fenmore Craig where she and her team have an “all for one and one for all” attitude in tireless pursuit of client satisfaction. As a seasoned immigration attorney, she truly believes her team becomes their client’s sanctuary — their refuge — helping them as they apply for family, work and investor visas, permanent residency, and U.S. citizenship through naturalization. Her wide-ranging experience includes business immigration, investor visa, immigration court, waivers of inadmissibility, fiancée visas, and family-sponsored immigration. Throughout her career as a visa attorney, her clients have run the gamut, from international students who want to study in the United States, to investors who want to contribute to the U.S. economy, to businesses and professionals who wish to work in the United States.
Many of Margo’s teammates are first-generation immigrants and previous clients — they truly understand what their clients are experiencing. This background makes her young team of immigration attorneys and legal professionals well-versed in doing business in the United States with an international perspective, ready to take on a diverse number of cases, including those that involve families and businesses, as well as Constitutional rights issues and defense. Energetic and early adopters of the latest legal technologies, on any day, you may hear Armenian, Russian, Spanish, Bulgarian, or English being spoken in the offices of Margo’s geographically and demographically varied team.
With a commitment to lifelong learning and a love for America, Margo has worn the hats of a musician, economic and international business executive, and now, a world-class immigration attorney. She has a passion for helping clients and loves going to work, but when she is home with her husband, three kids and dog, you will hear lots of music, singing and laughter as frequent guests are required to bring either their voices — or an instrument.
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, Quinnipiac University
Our attorneys practicing in the employment and labor relations area advise and defend management in virtually all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Represented various defendants/counterclaimants throughout a lengthy case, including through two separate multi-week trials. The claims/counterclaims included misappropriation of trade secrets, intentional interference with contracts, breach of contract, fraud, and conversion. Both juries returned verdicts in favor of clients.
- Represented a hospital and employees in a sexual harassment and racial discrimination claim. A summary judgment was obtained on all claims except on one.
- Top 100 Lawyers in Nevada, My Vegas Magazine, 2020
- AIOLC 10 Best Immigration Attorney, 2018-2019
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
- Interview, “Immigration in 2020,” January 16, 2020
- Interview, “No Shortage of Work for Immigration Attorneys in Las Vegas,” 8 News Now, August 15, 2019
- Quoted, “The Worst Job I Ever Had,” Business.com, July 24, 2019
- Quoted, “Immigrant Visa Reform Poised to Complicate Hiring Plans,” TechTarget, July 19, 2019
- Moderator, “Russia, Eastern Europe and the Baltics Market Spotlight,” 2019 EB-5 and Uglobal Immigration Expo, July 18, 2019
- Presenter, “Making a Permanent Commitment: Taking Your Investment to the Next Level,” 2019 AILA Conference, June 21, 2019
- Speaker, “Global Day,” Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors,” June 7, 2019
- Presenter, 2019 Law Practice Management Conference, AILA Nevada Chapter, February 2019
- AILA California Chapter Immigration Practice Management Liaison 2014-present
- AILA Nevada Chapter Essay Competition Liaison 2010-present
- AILA Nevada Chapter Chair 2017-2018
- Neighborhood Justice Center of S. Nevada, Mediator 2007-2015
- National Association Of Women in Business, Special Invitation only Member, 2009-2014
- AILA National Steering Committee Member 2012-2013
- Certified Specialist, Immigration and Nationality Law, California
- District of Columbia